Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 6.03 Windows 7 Winfax 10.03

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 6 6.03 Windows 7 Winfax 10.03

Has anyone installed ACT 6 on Windows 7 yet?  Did it go smoothly or were there any glitches?

I realize we will probably have to install in XP Mode on Windows 7 and just want to make sure it will install perfectly before buying a new computer.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rlastar
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6 6.03 Windows 7 Winfax 10.03

Loudmusic wrote:

I just bought a new notebook with 64 bit and Windows 7, so this means I need to use Act 2010?

Now, I am still using Act 6 in two desktops. Do I update those desktops to 2010 first and then copy the info to the notebook of can I just transfer the Act 6 info into the new notebook with Act 2010?

Thanks!

You can just copy the ACT! 6.0 database over to the new PC

View solution in original post

All Replies

Like with Vista, it may work on the 32-bit versions, but not on the 64-bit. Also, won't work with current versions of Office

Better to go with ACT! 2010

BTW: Your Subject also mentions Winfax... pretty sure that won't run on Win7. See http://www.getfaxing.com/winfax/tag/windows-7/

Symantec stopped WinFAX development a long time ago.

Copper Contributor

Mike

Do you still have the Act 6  6 pack available as I saw you had it in another post?

I am also interested in whether ACT 6 will run on Windows 7.

I provide technical support for a few small businesses and forced software upgrades due to incompatiblility with new OS release is always an issue.

It can be a sigificant extra cost with little real or perceived benefit.

Clearly ACT 2010 has moved on considerably from ACT 6, but if ACT 6 is doing all that my clients need then there is no business reason to upgrade.

I just bought a new notebook with 64 bit and Windows 7, so this means I need to use Act 2010?

Now, I am still using Act 6 in two desktops. Do I update those desktops to 2010 first and then copy the info to the notebook of can I just transfer the Act 6 info into the new notebook with Act 2010?

Thanks!

joe90uk wrote:

I am also interested in whether ACT 6 will run on Windows 7.

I provide technical support for a few small businesses and forced software upgrades due to incompatiblility with new OS release is always an issue.

It can be a sigificant extra cost with little real or perceived benefit.

Clearly ACT 2010 has moved on considerably from ACT 6, but if ACT 6 is doing all that my clients need then there is no business reason to upgrade.

Parts of ACT! 6.0 may run, parts might have problems

Solution
Accepted by topic author rlastar
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Loudmusic wrote:

Thanks!

You can just copy the ACT! 6.0 database over to the new PC

As far as I can make out, Act 6 itself can run on Win 7 32-bit, but not 64-bit.

I tried to bring up email, but it says it cannot bring up the word processor engine or the security permission, even though I picked Outlook as the email address. So I am afraid I will have to go to 2010.

This was one of the reasons why I downgraded from Vista when I got my notebook, since I couldn't get Act to work.

Nor can I bring up Word from Act even though I have set up all the templates from Word before.