Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Act 6 6.03 Windows 7 Winfax 10.03

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6 6.03 Windows 7 Winfax 10.03

Mike,

I think you mentioned that you are running Windows 7 yourself, one question is have you tried running

the ACT! 6 version of ACTDiag on Windows 7?  If it doesn't work is there a way to turn off Opportunistic

locking in Win7?  It would be helpful for the folks running multi-user ACT! 6 databases on Win7.

Your input is appreciated thank you. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

act_enthusiast wrote:

Mike,

I think you mentioned that you are running Windows 7 yourself, one question is have you tried running

the ACT! 6 version of ACTDiag on Windows 7?  If it doesn't work is there a way to turn off Opportunistic

locking in Win7?  It would be helpful for the folks running multi-user ACT! 6 databases on Win7.

Your input is appreciated thank you. 

No, I haven't tried funning ACTDIAG 6.0 on Win7... but you raise a great point - if Ops Locks can't be turned off, expect a lot of database corruption if hosting the database on Windows 7

I have just discovered how to set the software to work in compatibility mode with XP SP 3 within Win 7. I only have a Home Premium version, so I think this is not the same as the XP Mode in Win 7 Pro.

In any event, I can now get it to email through Outlook 2003 and write letters via Word 2003. So I assume you can therefore run Actdiag 603 in the same way...that said, I haven't tried it. I might well do.

Please elaborate how you managed to work with ACT! 6.03 in the Win XP environment of Win 7. Will it work in both 32 and 64 bits?