Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.03 and Windows 7

Act 6.03 and Windows 7

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 Home installed.  I managed toinstall Act 6.03 on it and it worked beautifully:  I was able to work on it, turn the laptop off, come back to it, turn it back on and resume working.  Unfortunately, it only worked for one day.

The next day when I turned on my laptop, I received an error message that said there was a problem and that Microsoft would notify me when the solution was found.  (Right!)

I then uninstalled Act! and reinstalled it.  I received an error message that said the program couldn't be installed because there were some corrupt files.  I reinstalled Act! on top of  what was left. 

The program works again, but the graphics are all messed up.  It starts up with a checkerboard screen and the screen is not at all sharp. I can work on all of the features, but the laptop performs slower than normal.  If I open a browser, the graphics for the internet is also fuzzy.

I've run the Troubleshoot Compatability but that doesn't change anything. 

I can't uninstall Act! again because Act! is no longer included in the list of installed programs.  However, in Programs and Features, if I go to Run Programs Made from PreviousVersions of Windows, Act! is listed.  Running the repair doesn't change how Act works.

I'd like to uninstall Act and reinstall it to see if I can get it to work again the way it did the first day.  I can't figure out how to do that now.  Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 6.03 and Windows 7

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users.
When you install ACT! 6 you must have FULL ADMIN rights. You need to right-click on the ACT! 6 install and select "Run as Administrator"

I did that.  I AM registered as the adminstrator.

Correction to the original post:

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 Home installed.  I managed toinstall Act 6.03 on it and it worked beautifully:  I was able to work on it, turn the laptop off, come back to it, turn it back on and resume working.  Unfortunately, it only worked for one day.

The next day when I turned on my laptop, I received an error message that said there was a problem and that Microsoft would notify me when the solution was found.  (Right!)

I then uninstalled Act! and reinstalled it.  I received an error message that said the program couldn't be UNinstalled because there were some corrupt files.  I reinstalled Act! on top of  what was left. 

The program works again, but the graphics are all messed up.  It starts up with a checkerboard screen and the screen is not at all sharp. I can work on all of the features, but the laptop performs slower than normal.  If I open a browser, the graphics for the internet is also fuzzy.

I've run the Troubleshoot Compatibility but that doesn't change anything. 

I can't uninstall Act! again because Act! is no longer included in the list of installed programs.  However, in Programs and Features, if I go to Run Programs Made from Previous Versions of Windows, Act! is listed.  Running the repair doesn't change how Act works.

I'd like to uninstall Act and reinstall it to see if I can get it to work again the way it did the first day.  I can't figure out how to do that now.  Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to uninstall Act if it's not lised