Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 search issues

Act 6.0 search issues

I have been an ACT fan since 1.0 but I stopped upgrading at 6.0 because whenever Symantec sold it, the "new" company issued a NEW version that eliminated the most important features - especially the field labels that I could customize to MY needs.

I bought 2000 and all my pertinent info ... in the customized field labels disappeared!  That was it.  I had already been through this 3 times and I was remaining with 6.0.

Currently, I have a problem with my search function ... I will enter the name of a contact, that I believed was there - yet ZERO results.  I then re-enter the info and when I add it, a duplicate record shows up.  This has happened numerous times. 

Is ACT 6.0 failing ?  I was running it with XP and right now must upgrade my system with Windows 7 

What could the problem be?

Thank you in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 search issues

All bets are off running ACT! 6 on Windows 7. You really need to upgrade. I also don't understand what you claim the later versions of the ACT! program won't do. You can customize field labels in the later version in the layout editor.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,  I currently have XP and experienced the search failure.

In the early versions of ACT you could ADD new fields but not in ACT 2000.

My existing fields were not recognized so they were not transferred and I tried the edit layout - wouldn't allow me to add new fields to the contact profile -  this is were the info loss occurred - pertinent details, not in renaming the field label.

My question remains - what would cause the search function to fail?

Is there is version of ACT this is more stable or has greater customer satisfaction than others?

Thank you,

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2000 was BEFORE ACT! 6.0
All versions since 3.0 can add custom fields and all versions later than 6.0 can import all the 6.0 custom fields.