Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 on new computer with Vista

RGT

Act 6.0 on new computer with Vista

I cannot get my new Vista computer to let Outlook read ACT email addresses. It tells me to look in help, which leads to the message I have copied below.

It says the solution is to download something but then is not clear what to download. It goes round in circles.

I cannot send group emails from Act Mail as they sit in Outlook outbox unsent.

What do I do?

Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that is not included in Windows Vista. However, you can download a program that will allow you view Help created in the Windows Help format from the Microsoft website.

For more information, go to the Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) article on the Microsoft support website.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 on new computer with Vista

First, you need to realise that ACT! 6.0 doesn't fully support Vista - only ACT! 2008 (10.0) and 2009 (11.0) are supported on Vista

Second, what version of Outlook? If 2007, it won't work - again only 2008/2009 will work with Outlook 2007

The Help is one example... Windows Help was a Microsoft module and they don't even support it on Vista

If using Outlook 2003 or earlier you might try turning off Vista UAC and see if that helps... you'll also need to make sure it's ACT! 6.03