Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 on Win 7

Act 6.0 on Win 7

Hello everyone! One of my clients recently requested an upgrade to windows 7 and they got the upgrade. The problem I'm running into is that none of my clients are local admins on their computers and that is stopping act from starting the act word processor and word 2003. Anyone have any ideas on how to procede? The user will not be promoted to a local admin on their computer.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 on Win 7

First ... are you running Office 2003 on Win7? ACT! 6.0 won't work with later versions.
Second ... are you using Norton anti-virus? ACT! 6.0 won't work with Norton AV installed.

ACT! 6.0 needs full admin controls to the Office registry keys

The user isn't running Norton, they're running AVG.

Does the act word processor require admin creds to run?

I haven't tested it in a while, but you might try the Permissions items in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1197...

As the product wasn't written for Windows7, it expects a greater access to the keys than Win7 allows by default

Generally speaking Yes. Actually they needed to be a local machine administrator or poweruser with previous version of Windows. However with Windows 7 you also have UAC issues

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129