Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act. 6.0 fax software

Act. 6.0 fax software

What fax software with works with Act. 6.0.  I'm running XP.  Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act. 6.0 fax software

WinFax was the only one.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy.  Which one?  9.0 or 10.0 and which version?  I have seen somewhere that 9 or 10 can work with Act 6.0 but XP and Service packs seems to be a major issue.  I just need to get by for 6months-1yr till I can afford to upgrade the whole office to new everything.

10.0.3 for XP
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy, I will give it a shot.

Sorry to be a bit crass,  E-Fax works well also, and you can do it for free if you do low volume amount of faxing.  It installs just like a printer, you send the doc ument there and it will send out in PDF format.  Great for storage.  you also get faxes sent to you as e-mail.

try them out

I use efax now to receive all my faxes, but I don't see how I can send 10 or so at a time from my Act database?  When I try to do a mail merge to fax, fax is shaded out, and in preferences it won't let me pick any fax software, and I don't know how to add any.  And your not being crass at all.

from my understanding, the merge feature is designed for WinFax, not other fax software. 

10.03 is recommended , 10.02 is not compatible, but 10.0 and 10.01 should work also with ACT! 6.0.x

The merge function was built into WinFAX (not ACT!) by Symantec. While there were some other fax providers who created links for ACT!, they really didn't get a look in while Symantec owned both products.

I think while WinFAX 9.0 and later supported ACT! 6.0, you need 10.02 for XP support... but this messed the ACT! link, so 10.03 is the recommended version