Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6. 0 error an attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end

Act 6. 0 error an attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end

few weeks ago my assistant was entering info, I noticed mobile phone was formatting in url format and changed name back to mobile. 

I switched it back. 

Since then when I try to synchronize I get, an attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end.

I noticed email address is not in define fields dialog box but yet is in the tool pallot when I delete email

address and try to redo it.

It's always in tool palet but never in define fields, so I created another email address and it shows up in tool palot twice and

once in define fields.

Help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6. 0 error an attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end

The E-mail "field" that you see in the layout is not a field in the main database table but rather a portal to the separate E-mail table. That is why E-mail is not available as a data type and why you can't sort by e-mail address or use E-mail in the duplicate checking. The E-mail table can hold more than one E-mail address for a user but only the default address can be used for addressing an e-mail message,

The error you are getting indicates a corrupted file in the database. You would need to send in the database for repair. We offer ACT! 6 database repair service and will do an evaluation for free.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I tried that knowledge center link and that does not work.

Thanks

If you search the KB for that error, you'll see there are quite a few similar ones ... all depending on exactly what you do that brings up the error