Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 and Firefox

Act 6.0 and Firefox

Current setup:

XP Pro SP3

Act! 6.0.3

Firefox 3.0.11

If I have Firefox already open or Firefox open with more than one tab and click on a hyerlink to a website in Act!, Firefox opens a new window and loads the default homepage and not the link for the website from Act.

If I do the same thing and IE is the default browswer, it will open up a new tab in IE and the link from the website in Act will load.

What do I need to tweak for Firefox to either open up a new tab with the link from Act or a new window with the link from Act?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 and Firefox

There isn't any fix that I know of. ACT! actually uses DLL from IE and Firefox would not have those available.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thing is this though, if Firefox (default browser) isn't open and I click a link in Act!, Firefox opens and goes to the link.

If Firefox is already open then clicking a link from Act! causes a new Firefox window to open and goes to the defautl homepage.  I have also tried changing the settings for how links are handled by Firefox from external sources and it still opens up a new FF window if FF is already open.

So it does partly work.

Regardless. ACT! 6 was not designed to work with Firefox and was never tested with Firefox and I have no information on if or how to make it work with Firefox.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Maybe someone else has run into this problem.  I don't think the problem is Act! as much as it is FF.

I tested out Chrome and Safari and they work correctly.  FF is the one that the problem is with.  It is like there is some sort of disconnect when Act! hands off the link to FF, if FF is already open.

Where are you trying to click on the link?

If you click on a link in the web site field, it will open IE inside ACT!

We have a field called web site.  We click on it there.

Also we have FireFox as the default browswer.

ACT! 6.0 was only supported with IE... so there may be something no-one has tested.

Does it work if you get the Firefox IETab Plugin?

No dice with the IE Plugin.

So far the only browser that it doesn't seem to work correctly with is FF.  It seems to override the settings in FF on how to handle links from external apps.