Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 Issues with Word and Act Email Lockups

Act 6.0 Issues with Word and Act Email Lockups

Good Morning.  I'm hoping that someone on this board may have experienced the same issues I'm currently having with one of my endusers.  I recently gave him a brand new Lenovo R61 laptop running Office 2000 and Act 6.0.  He sucessfully ran both programs on a previous laptop.  However, as soon as I gave him this one, he noticed that he had issues opening Word documents from within Groupwise 7.0 (our email program here).  As soon as he tries to open the document, Word errors out and closes.  This seems to only happen when he has Act open at the same time.  He is also having problems using Act Email.  It seems to time out whenever he is writing a long message. What happens is that the user password prompt comes up and just locks up Act to the point where you have to go into the Task Manager to stop the process.

Please let me know what other information you might need to help with this issue.  I was just going to reinstall Act and then possibly Office, but before I do that, I would like to make sure that someone else hasn't had these same issues.  Thanks!!