Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 E_Mail Merge

Act 6.0 E_Mail Merge

I'm running ACT! 6 in an XP-Pro system using MS Office Outlook 2007. The data base has a little over 11,000 names, but only about 3,500 "belong" to me. The rest "belong" to other co-workers using this shared database. All of the users are registered and there NO licensing problems. I'm trying to use the "E_Mail Mail Merge" function to send a 1-page news letter to my clients. If I try to send them all at once, the system (my PC only) freezes up. If I try sending them out in smaller groups, it works sometimes and not others. For example, if I try to send out a group of 50, it may send all 50 with no problem, or it might freeze up after, say, 42 go out.

This happens with other co-workers, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM!

ANY IDEAS??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 E_Mail Merge

System resource issue. ACT! 6 creates a separate email message for each person as a temp file before sending the email. Each of those files consume resources. Where you run out will vary from system to system and to the size of the individual messages.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't know if you still need an answer for this, but if you do, you should download MergeMaster! Pro

It get's past the Outlook limitations by doing the MIME encoding at the begining and then sending each email as it merges the data... much faster and other useful features.

Copper Elite Contributor

You are lucky to get some kind of functionality between ACT! 6 and Office 2007.  The first officially supported version of ACT! to work with Office 2007 is ACT! 2008 (10.0).  I agree with Mike programs like Mergemaster provide many additional benefits in addition to being able to do email mailmerges.