Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 Data Exchange Issue help

Act 6.0 Data Exchange Issue help

We are using ACT 6.0 to maintain a database for our sales reps of their customers.

Each rep has an individual ACT installation which I update monthly from a .txt file by using the Data Exchange/Import tool.

A rep has told me he has instances of duplicate entires for customers as well as some fields not updating.

What can I cehck for to see why this is happening or is there a better way to update the databases?

Thanks for any and all help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 Data Exchange Issue help

You have duplicate checking issues and the fact that fields won't update, at best they will fill if empty. You should be using synchronization. Here is a reference on synchronization knowledge base documents. 11647, 11979 and 11740
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

What would we synchronize against?  Each sales rep has their own database.  There is no master database.

The txt file for each rep is generated each month out of another applicatrion that is used internally to update each sales rep database with any changes to the customer records in that given month.

How do I fix any duplicate checking issues?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Set up one database as the master, do the import to that database and sync the other databases to that database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129