Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0.3 network sync issue

Act 6.0.3 network sync issue

I have a server  folder setup for the  database  but  I have to manually  export to the database for it to delete  the removed entries and add the new ones  synconization  doesn't do it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0.3 network sync issue

That sounds like a ptoblem with the synchronization setup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Must be something I am not  doing  correctly to  make  it  sync right but what could it be. I am also having  issues with  it asking to  log out  of the user I am on  when trying to synconize.

Sync with ACT! 6 required very careful setup and was very easily broken. Here are the numbers of the knowledge base articles on syncronization that I wrote when I was in ACT! technical support. Just do a search in the KB for each of those numbers.

11647, 11979 and 11740

By the way, synchronization is much easier and very reliable in ACT! 16.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Still having issues  wither getting the database to update on all systems when I sync with  user or database. I followed the knowledge base  information.

If you had followed the KB information you would have needed to start over and set up sync from scratch. Did you do that?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I did start the setup from scratch but the computers won 't sync  the changes to the database.

If you set up sync all new according to the KB documents you would have needed to manually combine all the databases into one new master database, then abandon all the old databases and create new sync copies. At this point all old changes would be in the new databases and future changes would sync. the process is laborious and the Act! program doesn't provide any real help. In fact some of the help it seems to provide actually hinders getting sync properly set up. You might find an ACC willing to help you get it properly set up. My suggestion is that you upgrade to the preset version of the ACT! program which has good aids to synchronization.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129