Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0.2.720 Uknown Error Message

Act 6.0.2.720 Uknown Error Message

Hello. Just recently I've been running afew problems with ACT that seems to progressively be getting worse.

MY OS is Microsoft XP Professional. I do not have many programs loaded on the computer. It is a work computer only. I've run virus scans (adware and malware) and I also use a CC Cleaner to erase any unused/cluttered information and fix registry errors. (I was thinking this might play a role in my problem however I don't think so).

2 Problems:

1.) ACT seems to be hanging alot. It's in the bottom section of ACT where you insert notes/history, activity, sales, ect.

Most times when I click "new contact" or "contact list" the previous information will hang for a good 5 or 6 seconds while the top section instantly changes

2.) For no reason at all in the bottom section a note will dissapear and I will get an error message.

<unknown user> Smiley Happy0

This message will either eventually clear it self or I will receive a fatal message and ACT will crash.

Is this some sort of bug/virus or maybe I need a patch or ACT upgrade?  Thank you

Re: Act 6.0.2.720 Uknown Error Message

I don't remember the exact unknown user error message off the top of my head..... something like but not exactly. I'm just unsure of what it says after the Smiley Wink0

<unknown user> Smiley Happy0 8E-357'!
Platinum Elite Contributor

You have run into the limitations of the ACT! 6 database structure. You also likely have some corruption in your database files. The mail problem is that you have an excessive number of Notes and History records. To resolve that problem you would need to either purge the older Notes and History or upgrade to the present version of the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'd start with updating to 6.03 and running the database repair options in ACTDIAG

Hey thank you for the response. I really have no idea how to utilize ACT that well. I have the following questions.

1.) My version of ACT says it has no internet connection. How do I fix this problem? I wish to upgrade. I have a check mark next to enable ACT! Internet services

2.) How do I purge history/notes? I'm not the owner of this program but I work for a company that needs all the information stored and we are constantly adding new contacts.

3.) When I run ACTdiag it says I have to reset a registry key. Final step says to try importing again. Import what? If it is the registy key and I need to manually type it in, where would I go about locating the key.

Thank you very much 

1. The updeate function in ACT! 6.0 went to Symantec servers that are no-longer available.

You can download the current patches from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm?

2. See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1223...

Backup first!

3. What's the exact version of ACT! (from Help | About)?

What's the exact error?

Version 6.0.2.702

Exact Error I receive a lot is in the notes I receive <unknown user> then the following codes next to it always change.

This error most of the time forced my ACT to close and shows me and error message. I believe it is a critical error but I don't remember of the top of my head.

The bottom section of my ACT like I mentioned before lags and hangs when I change the upper section in my ACT.

My ACT is on a small server so the database for ACT runs off of the main computer. So I'm not sure if I will need to backup ACT. When his computer is off I cannot connect to the databse

Well, it sounds like you have some database corruption and possibly some network problems.

As I said, I'd start with updating to 6.03 and running database database repairs to see if that helps.... but make sure you have a good backup first.

If not sure about those things, I'd get an ACT! Consultant to help you out