01-29-2009 01:42 PM - last edited on 01-30-2009 07:08 AM by dlunceford
I really thought this would be simple, but I can't believe it is this complicated.
1) I have ACT! 2002 v6.0 and Companion Link v3.0 syncing with my palm.
2) My ACT! database has Calendar recocrds from 2000 in it with duplicates, 2 sometimes 3. There are TONS OF THESE.
All I want to do is:
1) Purge the current ACT! calendar and then push everything from my Palm - which does not have any of the dups
2) remove all the dupes from Act! and then purge the Palm calendar and reload from the cleaned ACT! database.
MOther of GOd if I can even find a way to do this through the Act! interface. I can't export the database, I can't purge
the database and I can't reimport the database. I've carefully looked at:
which is great if you are using Outlook - and I am not. Also tried:
Why am I using 2002 v6? It is the only version that works with Palm Treo & has the ability to Sync custom defined
fields - we have a lot in this database. To move to ACT! v11 is a bit too costly especially with ACT!'s inability to
import from previous versions - don't feel like spend $3000+ to have some company run their magic tool to import
all our contacts to the version 11.
Any assistance on how to delete calendar dupes or just how to delete the whole thing so I can re-sync
from the Palm would be great!
02-05-2009 01:26 AM
I love Act! I really do, but I have to say either I can't read english, or I have to go back to gradeschool.
In the link you listed, it describes the Act! Database Maintenance tool. Which is great.
The tool lists all kinds of wonderful options, none of which specifically say, "Activities"
THere are: Notes, Cleared Actiities, Transasctions, etc.
Am I to understand that "Histories" are ALL calendar items, cleared and uncleared?
Then in the tool that you suggested: "Data Cleanup Wizard" (which has two broken links: Featured Addon's and the next one Featured Addon's) it is shown that the tool lets me select many types of "Activities" which is just great.
So TWO very simple questions:
1) if I use the basic Act! Database Maintenance tool, click all the boxes and hit go, ALL calendar entries should be purged. Correct?
2) NONE of these actions will touch my contacts DB
Our procedures for tracking sales is much simpler than what Act! is capabale of, so all we rely on is the calendar and contact management and a few extra fields that we use for sales tracking. Simplify, that is the motto we use, even down to our Act! usage.
Thanks in advance for this last minute clarification before I go deleting everything!