Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2000 for Windows XP transfering contacts to Act Pro

Act 2000 for Windows XP transfering contacts to Act Pro

I am presently running Act 2000 for Windows XP. I am considering purchasing Act Pro. Can anyone tell me if tacking my contact information in 2000 and transfering it to the new Act Pro is possible and if so is it difficult?

Any help would be much appreciated. I would have to data enter over 2000 contacts information.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2000 for Windows XP transfering contacts to Act Pro

In most cases the conversion of a database from ACT! 2000 to the latest version of ACT! Pro is easy and no problem. There are some dataase maintenance steps that should be done to assume the best chance of a problem free conversion. In rare cases the ACT! 2000 may need more comprehensive repair before conversion but again these cases are very rare.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thank you for the advise. How do I find out the maintenance steps necessary for this conversion?

Thanks again for your advise and information.
Platinum Elite Contributor

It's a streach for me to remember ACT! 2000. I believe in the ACT! program it's under the file menu and the submenu if Administration. In Windows you can also run ACTdiag for the data diagnostic and there are some repair options there.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129