Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2000 - Printing Labels

Tuned Listener

Act 2000 - Printing Labels

I have a database that contains the contacts first and last names.It has 2,200 contacts in it.I am tring to change the contact info in every contact from their first and last name to Building Manager in all of them.???

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2000 - Printing Labels

It's not clear if you want to change the database itself or modify the label report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thanks!

I would like to change the data base itself.

Im looking for a way to erase all names in contact field and replace it with the words Building Manager.

Thi particular database is a little outdated.

I want to send a mailing and have the mailer go to the current building manager and not the trash can because that person no longer works there.

Tuned Listener

Thanks!

I would like to change the data base itself.
Im looking for a way to erase all names in contact field and replace it with the words Building Manager.

Thi particular database is a little outdated.
I want to send a mailing and have the mailer go to the current building manager and not the trash can because that person no longer works there.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can replase the data in a field in a lookup with Edit | Replace Field. However because the Contact field is a special field that is linked to a system First Name and Last Name field I would tend to discourage doing that. Rather I would modify the label template and replace the Contact (or First Name and Last Name) field with a text field that says Building Manager.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thanks
I am having trouble finding and creating a text field.