Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2000 Data not transferred

Act 2000 Data not transferred

[ Edited ]

HI,

I converted my XP system to Windows 7. When I reinstalled Act 2000 and tried to import .dbf my database and or info can't be found.  I backed up my info on an external drive and can't find the info. It seems that  any datbaase i find does not have contacts. Can someone please help direct me.

Act 2000 installed on my Windows 7 O System but I've found database that will not open which will installed by the Act 2000 disk years ago. Do I need the XP Mode & Virtual Machine installed on my system to get the old contacts and data to appear in my new Win 7 OS ?

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2000 Data not transferred

Hi,

i would consider a upgrade to Act16, that will probably fix your issue.

ACT2000 was released 1999, and windows 7  was released 2009, so it is 10 years newer. so in if you consider to connect act to a actual version of office, and all the other features it realy makes sense to upgrade.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

In a similar vein, I am still a 2000 user. Yes, I would conisder upgrading to Act 6, but let's deal with the issue I have right now.

I recently had my old XP based machine blow up.  Thankfully, I back up to an external drive regularly, so my date loss was minimal.

I cobbled together anothe XP based machine, and was able to bring my backed up Act information over to the new machine.  Still in backup mode. 

I installed the software for ACT 2000 proir to going through the recover mode for the backup.  In this test phase, ACT opened fine, opened to a "blank slate" db, ready as if I were to start a new contact list.

After running the recovery mode for my old information, Act no longer opens.  Well, it sort of opens.   It gives me an opening screen but immediately cancels out, and Act does NOT open. 

I have tried a few things like moving the old full ACT folkder from my partitioned backup/recover area to the current Act folder.... but still nothing.   Tried reinstalling the application... same issues.

Any suggestions for where I go from here?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You have a damaged database, from your description, most likely a corrupted activity. To recover your data you would need to send the database repair service. A few of the ACCs (including Techbenders) offer repair for an ACT! 5 or 6 database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response. 

Now.... if I am to start all over again, a "clean slate" rebuilding the DB manually, how do I get Act to open again?

an additional option, if possible.

If the db files are corrupted, can i move what I have over to Outlook somehow?  Even without opening the application itself?