Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accidentally switched 2 fields, and can't figure out how to fix. Act 6

Accidentally switched 2 fields, and can't figure out how to fix. Act 6

I know, I have an old version of ACT, so I hope someone knows a little about Act 6 (still).

I was adding some new fields and then adding them to layouts, and I realized I screwed something up. Our main field that holds the client names, CONTACT, is now listed as "Spouse Email" (which was one of my new fields). I have no idea how I switched them and I can't seem to fix it. I'm afrad to delete either one until I know for sure.

I need to know how to get the names to populate back into the CONTACT field...I am not worried about spouse email because it's new, so I can always delete and re-create that if I need to.

Any help is greatly appreciated so my boss doesn't kill me!

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Accidentally switched 2 fields, and can't figure out how to fix. Act 6

Before you do anything else, try switching to one of the standard layouts and see if the contact field shows correct there. If it does the problem is with the layout, if not, the problem is with the database. A layout problem should not be that much of a problem to fix, a database problem is a lot harder and not something I could do without actually looking at the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I already checked the other layouts, and my boss's computer, and it's wrong there as well. I figured it was a database issue, but I just have no idea how to correct it. Man Sad

If you (or anyone else)  think of any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

That does indicate the database is the problem. Without an examination of the database to determine it's present state, there isn't any way to suggest how to reverse the change,
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129