11-13-2008 07:48 PM
11-13-2008 09:46 PM
1. Run actdiag.exe and run the user name report to get a list of name (but not passwords)
2. Try logging in with the user name and without a password.
3. Contact your ACT! Consultant who can assist with getting a list of User names and Passwords
4. Contact Sage Database services for the same.
5. Purchase software from www.elcomsoft.com for the same.
11-13-2008 09:48 PM
It gives you the first few letters of the password in the trial version so it is sometimes possible to guess it.
It also tells you the usernames. Often it is just the username and no password but if you don't know the exact username that is another problem. Anyway this product should help. Good luck.
11-14-2008 10:20 PM
Thank you Neil, the utility from elcomsoft did the trick. I obtained the administrators user name and password and was able to access the database to obtain the information I was seeking.
11-14-2008 10:23 PM
Hi Darren, thank you also for taking the time to respond to my post. The recovery utility provided details of all the user names and the passwords for the administrator. The other users didn't have passwords.