Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT6 lookup error

ACT6 lookup error

My version of ACT6 wont lookup many items I know are there.  Anybody know a repair for lookup?
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT6 lookup error

You could try running a scan and repair from within ACTdiag. Go to Start Run and type in ACTdiag and then use the scan and repair option as this may resolve your problem.

Please make sure to do a backup before attempting this method.

Failing this you might speak to your local ACT consultant to see if they can offer any further repair capability as it sounds like your database may have some damage.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I found my copy of ACTdiag603.exe, but when I tried to run it...it insisted on updating itself to version 6.0.3.953...but after updating, it wouldn't run.  I was running windows98 when I downloaded that .exe and now I'm running XP?
Bronze Contributor

If you go to the download area on act.com you can find the updated version of ACTdiag for version 6 and download it should solve your problem
Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks Paul....I did that, and ran Actdiag....and it seems to have worked.

Are you aware of an archiving utility for ACT6?

I recall someone suggesting that I run it, to clear out really old tasks and notes?

Mike

Bronze Contributor

Mike,

Yes from the file menu in database maintenance there is a purge utility. Make sure that you make a backup first.

Paul Buchtmann