Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT6 & Outlook 2002

Tuned Listener

ACT6 & Outlook 2002

Is there a way to create an e-mail message in Outlook after finding the contact in ACT? I don't want to use the e-mail portion of ACT to create the message because it has no formatting capabilities, i.e., bold, bullets, etc. So I want to lookup a contact in ACT and then click the e-mail icon in ACT but switch to Outlook to create & send the message. Is this doable with ACT6 & Outlook 2002? Please don't recommend upgrading to newer versions of ACT--I tried them & was totally disappointed in their performance. Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT6 & Outlook 2002

This is only an option in ACT! 10

In 6.0, if you've added the database as an addressbook in Outlook, you can create the email in Outlook and lookup the address from the ACT! database
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the quick response.
Tuned Listener

I appear to be having trouble adding the ACT database as an address book in Outlook 2002. In Outlook, I have clicked Tools-Options-Other-Advanced Options-Add_in Manager, but ACT address book does not show. I have Outlook set up in ACT as my e-mail program. I have tried fixing Office and uninstalling & reinstalling ACT twice, to no avail. How do I get the ACT database in Outlook as an address book? Thanks.

Tuned Listener

I have followed the suggested article to the letter four times--each time uninstalling ACT, rebooting, then running an Office fix, rebooting, then reinstalling ACT, rebooting, then following the steps. Every single time, I do not find ACT extension. What is even more frustrating is I had it working before I decided to try the upgrade to ACT9, then when I didn't like the performance, went back to ACT6. Am I paying the price for downgrading??? I am at my wit's end. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Did you fully uninstall ACT! 9 then install ACT! 6?

Only one product can have the Outlook connection

Try this to remove ACT! 9 integration http://tinyurl.com/ynjhk7

Then use the previous link to re-add the ACT! 6
Tuned Listener

The link you referenced to solve adding the ACT address book to Outlook does not work.  Can you please update or provide additional information.  Thanks.
Nickel Super Contributor

The link should be back and working. We were experiencing some issues with the Knowledge base, but it should be back up, if still a little slow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.