Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT6.0, Windows7 and Companionlink - can the marriage work?

ACT6.0, Windows7 and Companionlink - can the marriage work?

So I've got ACT6.0 working in Windows7.  I've got Windows Mobile Device Ctr (WMDC) per Windows7 instructions and have done the settings in Companionlink.  When I go to sync my contacts into my Windows Mobile phone, the WMDC sware pops up with a notice stating that "WMDC has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions".  Eventually it seems to time out and I'm disconnected.  My phone is an XV6800 and is running Windows Mobile 6 Professional.  My old laptop runs XP with Companionlink and works perfect every time.  Anybody got a suggestion for a fix?  I'd like to avoid buying new phone or sware if possible.  Thanks in advance. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT6.0, Windows7 and Companionlink - can the marriage work?

Windows 7 uses a different version of mobile link (6.5) so you should speak with Companionlink as to the version of Companionlink you are using and which version will be compatible. I am using version 3 although they now have version 4 released.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: ACT6.0, Windows7 and Companionlink - can the marriage work?

Consider using free logmein program from Ignition for remote access to your ACT & PC. I've been using this for over a year with an iPhone access to my Win 7 ACT v6 database and any other program on my PC. This works flawlessly, with little cost, and gets you results.