Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT suddenly stopped running on Mac computer; HELP PLEASE!

ACT suddenly stopped running on Mac computer; HELP PLEASE!

The first few weeks were fine. I had Windows XP & Parallels installed. Suddenly ACT won't open; shows generic "error" page. I'm freakin'. Am in NYC and would be forever grateful if someone could hook up w me to work directly on my computer. I had someone reinstall, but that did not help.

RS 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT suddenly stopped running on Mac computer; HELP PLEASE!

Hello,

What is the error message that you receive when you try to open ACT!? Please provide as much detail as you can. Also, what version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am using ACT 6.0. Don't really have any more details because the error screen that comes up won't let me cut and paste it here. My friend says it is just a generic error and doesn't help.......I know much less about all this and am in a kind of panic because it took a big decision to buy a Mac only because of my ACT program and the worries I had about it running Mac. So, after all, it has decided to hide. I do so hope someone can Help!! Seems to me it would have to be in person. Is that possible?

It sounds like a database problem. A corrupted activity often behaves that way.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

There are a number of different "generic" error messages that can appear and they have different meanings.

Here's a tip - click on the error box and press ctrl-C, then paste it here with ctrl-v

Tthis should copy the text of an error from most Windows apps.

Even try a search of the error in the ACT! knowledge base... most errors can be resolved with the solutions there

Message Edited by GLComputing on 07-18-2009 03:22 AM