Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! and Outlook Stopped Working Together

ACT! and Outlook Stopped Working Together

I am running ACT! 6.0 and Microsoft Outlook 2002. I am not sure if this is an ACT! problem, strictly speaking, but thought I would see if anyone else has encountered a similar situation.

ACT! and Outlook were operating well together until, after a poor experience with Norton 360, I recently uninstalled it. That has led to problems.

Microsoft Outlook no longer sees a connection with ACT! When I open Outlook, I get a pop up reading, "ACT! Address Book: The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now?" Yes or no buttons appear as part of the pop up.

When I click Yes, it prompts me to select the ACT! database. When I select any database and enter the proper user name and password, I receive the following message: "The indicated database(s) could not be opened. They may be locked or may be duplicates. Please check the database path, user name, and password." When I click "Cancel" Outlook opens and runs fine, though it cannot link with ACT! (which means, of course, I cannot send group e-mails, etc.)

This also crops up when I try to sync my AT&T Tilt mobile phone running Windows Mobile 6.0 using Microsoft ActiveSync and CompanionLink (which allows synchronization with ACT! data). I receive the same pop up message as when I try to open Outlook. While data from ACT! seems to sync fine with my mobile, it no longer reads or syncs Outlook data such as e-mail and tasks, which it did previously.

Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Ed B. 

Re: ACT! and Outlook Stopped Working Together

try this...

>>Close outlook 

>>save a copy of the db with a new name and open the outlook... this time you shouldn't see the error message

>>Now, go ahead and remove the address book and add the new saved db, close outlook

>>Open outlook and remove both the databases and add the old db

>>Delete the New Saved db from ACT!

Hope this helps!

Re: ACT! and Outlook Stopped Working Together

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately, after copying the ACT! database to a new name and reopening Outlook, the error still persisted.