Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 sync problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 6 sync problems

I am running ACT 6 on a tablet laptop and a normal laptop and trying to synchronise. when i try to apply the sync file I get an error message saying "The syncronisation packet created by this database was not applied. If you want to store this syncronisation packet in the Briefcase folder, from the menu bar click File, and then click Synchronise". both machine are on Windows XP. The database has sync'd before when it was on two 'normal' laptops. Any ideas?!

R

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author racheloakeshott
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 sync problems

That error is typical when you initially tried to setup sync by simply copying your database from one machine to another. Because both databases have the same internal ID, it thinks you are trying to apply the sync to the database that created the sync packet. The only fix is to start over and setup sync properly. Here are some references to knowledge base documents that applies to sync setup on ACT! 6. 11647, 11979 and 11740
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author racheloakeshott
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 sync problems

That error is typical when you initially tried to setup sync by simply copying your database from one machine to another. Because both databases have the same internal ID, it thinks you are trying to apply the sync to the database that created the sync packet. The only fix is to start over and setup sync properly. Here are some references to knowledge base documents that applies to sync setup on ACT! 6. 11647, 11979 and 11740
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129