Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 problems with office 2003 even though I have already installed the hotfix

ACT 6 problems with office 2003 even though I have already installed the hotfix

I am having problems with using ACT 6 with office 2003.  When I try to write a letter I get this error message: Failed to connect to word processor: Microsoft Word 2000, 2002 or 2003 and then 'The word processor driver is not running'.  I have already installed the hotfix for this and reinstalled ACT and changed something in the permissions in regedit.  and it's STILL NOT WORKING. agghhh...  It seems to be seeing Word 2003 in the edit pref menu but it just won't write a letter.  Has anyone got any ideas before I completely lose it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 problems with office 2003 even though I have already installed the hotfix

That particular error message was one that I saw several times with ACT! 6 using Word as the word processor. There are several knowledge base articles regarding that error message. It was very difficult to troubleshoot because the actual problem was often in the registry. Troubleshooting that particular problem was seldom very quick.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT 6 problems with office 2003 even though I have already installed the hotfix

I also have an old KB article that's no-longer available or supported... send me a message via the Private Message are and I'll send you a copy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have had the same problem before and I seem to remember the solution meant I had to type regedit somewhere and change some permissions on some folders.  It took quite a long time.  The problem I have is that my ACT support has run out and it seems that this means I can't even access the knowledge base articles on this subject and obviously I can't get the tech guys on the phone.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte

charlotte19761 wrote:

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have had the same problem before and I seem to remember the solution meant I had to type regedit somewhere and change some permissions on some folders.  It took quite a long time.  The problem I have is that my ACT support has run out and it seems that this means I can't even access the knowledge base articles on this subject and obviously I can't get the tech guys on the phone.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte

You don't need any support contract to access the Knowledge Base - it's free.

But I think the article you want isn't there any longer. Sage don't want me to post it publically as it's unsupported, but have said it's ok for me to provide it via Private Message.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

You have already sent me that knowledge based article on private mail but it didn't solve my problem.  Do you have any more?

Charlotte

That is the KB for that specific issue ... it is 17 pages long, did you try it all?

Hi,

oooops no - I could only access one page (the first page).  Can you send it again? 

Sorry to be such a pain.

Charlotte

Mike,

I found your post on the Act forum;  I have the same problem as the person who you sent

a 17 page article to and wonder if you can send me the same?

Every time I try to write a letter using Act 2000, I get this message:

"Failed to connect with word processor;  Act word processor"

Moments later another message appears:  "The word processor driver is not running"

Thanks for your help!

George