Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 need help someone please

ACT 6 need help someone please

Hi I have just installed act6 I know I know its sooooo old but im having a nightmare .I have word2007 and think this is the reason for the email template i have set up is not working when i merge messages. I made my template with bold letters pics etc but when i go to send the messages it strips all the fonts and pictures? I have been trying for three days now and about to give up. so please if you know why it is doing this let me know ...also it is asking me on every message do you want to send theis message? with a list of 4796 emails not feeling the left click thing that many times.....Smiley Sad
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 6 need help someone please

ACT! 6 does not work with Word or Outlook 2007. You might want to look at SwiftPage E-mail if you are trying to send out 4796 emails at once. I believe they have/had a version that works with ACT! 6.

Karen Fine

KJF and Associates, Inc.

ACT! Certified Consultant

Is that the reason for the email being stripped? if i instal office 2003 will that work?

Platinum Elite Contributor

No. Word does not create very good HTML and the HTML it created did not work with ACT! 6. By the way, are you running on XP or Vista?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

You might also try using MergeMaster! to send the emails - will use ACT! 6.0 GMT files (or any HTML file). Much faster and also bypasses Outlook