Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 mail merging

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 6 mail merging

Hi,

We recently got 2 new computers with Vista & Office 2007...   I've installed ACT! 6 on both, and it works fine, EXCEPT I am unable to use the mail merge.  This version of ACT! doesn't seem to recognize Word 2007.  

HELP!!!

We are not in a position to upgrade ACT as this time, so I really need a work around for this.  Any suggestions??????

Thanks...

Marie   .

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ambercreek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 6 mail merging

Roy,

Thanks for you help....

I have one person who's been using this version of ACT on Vista for almost a year, however, he doesn't do any mail merge.

I installed Word XP and its working great...    We'll keep our fingers, toes, eyes and anything we can cross that there will be no other issues.

Again, thanks...

Marie

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any work around. I think you will find other problems trying to run ACT! 6 on Vista, in most cases it won't install or even do basic operations. There isn't any way to have ACT! 6 work with Word 2007.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks....

What if I uninstalled Office 2007 and went back to Office 2003 or Office 2000/XP??   

ACT does work in Vista, I'm able to do everything I need to except the mail merge...  

Again, thanks,

Marie

Platinum Elite Contributor

I have no ides but you are welcome to try. There has been no testing of what will work or not work with ACT! 6 on Vista so you are basically on your own.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author ambercreek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Roy,

Thanks for you help....

I have one person who's been using this version of ACT on Vista for almost a year, however, he doesn't do any mail merge.

I installed Word XP and its working great...    We'll keep our fingers, toes, eyes and anything we can cross that there will be no other issues.

Again, thanks...

Marie