Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6 generated documents bring network to its knees when opened in word 2000

ACT! 6 generated documents bring network to its knees when opened in word 2000

Hey there.

OK here's what is going on....

1. We generate a document in ACT! 6.

2. WITHOUT act running, we attempt to open the document from inside word 2000 by going to file, open recent documents, and selecting the document.

3. The machine completely hangs, and everyone in the office who IS using ACT! reports that it has crashed. The only resolution at this point is to reboot our server during normal business hours.

Why does this seem to happen when i open an ACT generated document WITHOUT act running? why would it affect other users who ARE using ACT when all im trying to do is open a document in word? I am baffled by this one. Oh, and upgrading ACT is not an option as far as possible solutions go.

At this point i'm not so much looking for a 1 shot solution as i am hoping to maybe find someone else who has had/seen this same issue before?

Following those 3 steps will produce the same results & issues every single time.

Thanks! 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 6 generated documents bring network to its knees when opened in word 2000

Can you please provide some more info...?

-  what do you mean by an "act generated document"?  Do you use a template? is the document stored as a WPA or is it a word .DOC?

- do you have the 6.0.3 hotfixes, etc? 

Luis