Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 ON WINDOWS 8!!

ACT 6 ON WINDOWS 8!!

Dear act users,

I have recently installed act 6 and microsoft word 2002 on my new windows 8 desktop computer.  I was suprised that it worked with it being a 64 bit machine but nether the less after i open the folder from the disk and clicked on the setup icon aevrything installed fine.  Now here's the frusttrating part:  Everytime i go to write a letter i keep get the error msg say that  word 2002 isnt working.  After looking around the internet to see why this was i read that some people said that word needs to installed on the machine prior to the act installation .  So i decied to uninstall then reinstall act to see if this solved the problem.  No joy!

Can anybody tell me there is a way around this?  Is it possible to get the word prossesor working on act 6 with windows 8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

James

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 ON WINDOWS 8!!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

James, Congrats on getting ACT!6 and Win8 to play together nicely.  that's inspiring! I can't help with your issue unfortunately but I can say you are braver than I choosing Win8. I've just managed to get Oak!Check! v6 working on Win7 to tidy up my old attachment paths. Works like a charm - who'd have guessed!

All the best with your Word problem - hope you find the answer!

Cheers, Brian.

Tuned Listener

Here's how to get the ACT! 2000 (5.0) and ACT! 2003 (6.0) Word Processor working in Windows 7:

http://www.answers.com/Q/Will_ACT_2000_work_with_Windows_7