Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6 Memory Error When Opening a Database

ACT! 6 Memory Error When Opening a Database

I use Windows XP and just upgraded my workstation to ACT! 6.0.  Now I get an application error that reads:  "The instruction at "Ox73dd11c7" reference memory at "0x00000004".  The memory could not be read.  Clifck on OK to terminate the program."  I also get a Windows Send Error Report windows.

Any thoughts on this one?

Re: ACT! 6 Memory Error When Opening a Database

Is this when opening a database or the program?  If its a database, try opening or creating a new database.  If that works, you can try running scan and repair from actdiag.

How To Use The ACT! Data Diagnostic Tool (ACTDIAG) to Scan and Repair a Database

David,

The program opens just fine.  I get the error message about 2/3 the way through opening an existing database.  I also get the same error message when I create a new database, about 2/3 the way through after the initial creation process.

Alan

Platinum Elite Contributor

I found the cause of this problem.  I logged on to my computer under a different user name.  ACT! worked OK then.  I deleted my original user Profile directory, logged back on as myself and created a new Profile.  Now all is OK.  Don't know why but my problem was related to the original Profile I had.