Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 Fatal Error

ACT 6 Fatal Error

I keep getting the message, "A fatal Error has occurred." Then I can't search for anything or open anything up without the message popping up over and over again. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do about it?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 Fatal Error

What's the exact version from Help | About?
What task do you do that causes this error?
What operating system?

Hi, I am interested in this thread as I am suffering from the same problem. I only get it from one workstation but I have de-installed and re-installed ACT! V6.0 and have run actdiag (scan & repair database succesfully). It all started when I tried to mail merge to fax using Winfax 10.03 but I am not sure if this is relevant.

My version of ACT! is V6.03 and I am running ACT! on a Windows 2003 Server and from Windows XP professional (SP2) workstations.

priorityexpress wrote:
Hi, I am interested in this thread as I am suffering from the same problem. I only get it from one workstation but I have de-installed and re-installed ACT! V6.0 and have run actdiag (scan & repair database succesfully). It all started when I tried to mail merge to fax using Winfax 10.03 but I am not sure if this is relevant.

My version of ACT! is V6.03 and I am running ACT! on a Windows 2003 Server and from Windows XP professional (SP2) workstations.

What function do you do that causes it?

I am having this same problem. When I perform a lookup, I keep getting the fatal error and must shut down ACT through Task Manager. I installed WIN XP PROF and this problem started. I too have uninstalled and re-installed ACT and keep getting the fatal error. I know something is corrupted, but ACT DIAG cannot locate the problem. Has your problem been resolved?

I am experiencing similar issues with two users in our one office. It randomly began happening about a month or so ago and continues to be an issue. I upgraded them to the latest 6.0.3 update thinking that might stop it from happening but it still does. It seems to usually happen when they do a lookup. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Regards,

Matt 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this? Seems like people post once about it and that's it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt 

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check that you have the latest network drivers for your network driver cards.

We use Act 6.03, Windows XP, and Server 2003.

We experienced this problem a fair bit - took us a long time to figure it out.

For some reason, Act 6.03 is really finnicky about network connections. In our case, we eventually figured out that we were getting this error because the network connections were getting temporarily interrupted. Every other applications worked fine, but Act generated "fatal errors" with the exact same symptoms as you describe (ie. message just keeps repeating no matter how many times you click 'OK').

Updating all the network drivers and BIOS fixed the errors in our case.

Hope this helps at least one of you.

Luis Rodrigues

Message Edited by luisr_ca on 05-31-2008 04:54 PM

Did you do a manual uninstall and reinstall of ACT 6.0, hope that will help you to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Uniquestart Technologies

Another think to check, especially if you don't have ACT! on the server, is the Opportunistic Network locking, is turned off.

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/49pgsz