Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6 Email Synchronisation problems with Win 7 user

ACT 6 Email Synchronisation problems with Win 7 user

I am having great problems trying to sync with a remote user by email who runs Win 7 and Office 2003. We use Act 6.

I have 2 other successful email sync users which I have no problems with and the only difference is the OS.

Twice now I have started with empty database and populated it. When the sync comes back I get "Out of Memory" error and packet is put in Sync folder. Act hangs. The user can successfully apply a sync from master database but master database cannot receive a sync from the same user.

As long as I get rid of the bad packet from Sync folder I can happily sync with others. Is there something with Win 7 that is upsetting things or do I need to look elsewhere? Help we are getting desperate!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 Email Synchronisation problems with Win 7 user

It important to note that ACT! 6.0 was not designed for Windows 7 and that there are likely to be issues that can't be resolved.

It could be quite a few things and it may be worth getting an ACT! Consultant to have a look at it and see if a workaround can be found for you
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6 Email Synchronisation problems with Win 7 user

Frankly I think you are fighting a losing battle. Email was always fragile with ACT! 6 in part because the ACT! internet mail used part of Outlook Express and that's not available on Windows 7.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129