Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.03 printer driver issues with Windows 7

ACT 6.03 printer driver issues with Windows 7

Just got a Windows 7 machine (64bit).  Act 6.03 installs fine and works fine , except I cannot access word processor.  I've read that it may have to do with permissions; I have uninstalled and re-installed a few times, always with myself(administrator) as user.  i've also seen where there is an issue  with Norton Anti Virus.  I have McAfee

During install, I have seen nothing other than 'allow myself' or 'allow all users'.  It does not seem to matter.  I have set up initial install w/ ACT word processor and also as Word (200 or 2002-  I actually have 2007 and it worked flawlessly on my XP).  I've tried switching after initial install.    I always get message 'failed to connect to word processor (whichever one) and then 'word processor driver is not working'

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling actreg.exe and actole is the only one that is not 'failed registering' .

I have not uninstalled Word or McAfee, but I really don't think that would cause probs.  They were both  on my old unit.

Please help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.03 printer driver issues with Windows 7

With all due respect I would advise that you quit wasting your time and upgrade to ACT! 2012.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Can't.  I am in Financial Services, and the short list of Contact Management Databases does not include ACT

Platinum Elite Contributor