Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.03 and Outlook 2000

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 6.03 and Outlook 2000

I have been using ACT 6.03 since 2004 and Outlook 2000 for 8 years.  I had enjoyed using the e mail capability of clicking on an e mail address in my contact layout and then using the Outlook messaging service to compose and send e mails to my clients.  Recently I had an incident where defragging my laptop was partially successful with the Outlook .pst files showing fragmentation after this routine was completed.  I copied the outlook .pst files to my desktop and deleted the .pst files in Outlook then copied these files back to Outlook with hopes that this would eliminate the fragmentation.  This proved to work but as a result I can no longer send an e mail from ACT through Outlook by clicking on my client's e mail address in the contact layout.

Outlook is working great and will send and receive properly and even give me a history for my contact in ACT if I associate the ACT icon on the Outlook bar with the contact.  I can click on the e mail address of my contact and wait for the window to open to compose an e mail, delete this new e mail and then use the e mail view to create another "new email" and send an e mail to a customer this way but still can't get the contact form to work for sending e mails from the contact record.

Any ideas as to how I can correct this problem so I can once again use the contact record and click on the e mail to successfuly create a new e mail and send?

Thanks.
I am in Medical Sales and have used ACT since version 2.0 was released.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author viper1947
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.03 and Outlook 2000

Disable the Outlook integration and re-create it

You should find the stps to do both of these functions in the ACT! Knowledge Base

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author viper1947
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.03 and Outlook 2000

Disable the Outlook integration and re-create it

You should find the stps to do both of these functions in the ACT! Knowledge Base