Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.03 Export Current Look Up

Copper Contributor

ACT 6.03 Export Current Look Up

[ Edited ]

I am trying to export all company names beginning with the letter A.  I created a Look Up for company name beginning with the letter A.  Then I clicked Data Exchange to export and followed the instructions.  I clicked the bullet to export Contact and Group Records.  A box comes up asking, Which contact or group records do you want to export?  There are 3 options, Current Record, Current Look Up, or All Records.  Unfortunately, both Current Record and Current Look Up are grayed out and my only choice is All Records.  Since the others were grayed out I clicked finish.  The complete database was exported and not the look up that I wanted.

How do I export a "look up"?

Message Edited by rlastar on 09-11-2008 03:36 PM

Re: ACT 6.03 Export Current Look Up

They're grayed out because you have selected multiple record types (contacts and groups).  Select only one record type when doing the export.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.03 Export Current Look Up

The reason that you could not export the current lookup was because you had not created a lookup of the group records. From what you had in your post, you should select exporting contacts only then you would be able to select current lookup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129