Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT 6.0 will not open

Re: ACT 6.0 will not open

Anymore on this thread. This afternoon, Act! 6.03 died on me. I've tried rerunning it a number of times and it's a NO GO. Ran ActDiag and still nothing. Then I reinstalled the application over the old one and STILL nothing.

Do I need to completely uninstall the application and start from scratch to get this going again? Any thoughts or comments?

Kevin at kwjackson@mac.com 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to determine if the problem is the database or the program. If it's the database then reinstalling will do no good. Can you open the ACT Demo database?
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Act 6.0 opens to a database but there is no information in the pane. Also, the task manager says ACT is not responding. The original disks are no longer available, having been discarded some time ago (dumb). How can I get my ACT6.0 breathing again?

Platinum Elite Contributor

That sounds like a corrupted database that needs repair. Given that you can't open the database means there isn't anyway to repari the database in the field and it will need to be sent in for repair. The other option is to revert to your most recent backup.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129