Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.0 unable to click new button, greyed out

ACT 6.0 unable to click new button, greyed out

This is for a client and I'm stumped. Apparently ever since we've moved servers, (not exactly sure because haven't tried since we have moved) the user is unable to click the "new" button to add a new associate. This is under the edit -> define fields menu and scrolling down to associate_1 and then clicking the middle tab. There are 3 buttons greyed out that should not be. The user is already an administrator and the files are not read only (they have full access to them)

any ideas?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.0 unable to click new button, greyed out

Sounds like user is not working from the ACT! install on the server. User maintenance is a function that only can be done at the server installation of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I'm pretty sure she is because she is requried to lock it before she makes any changes.. and a possibly related problem she has to wait for her co-worker to log off before she can even use it/(log in maybe)?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Sorry, missed the reference to ACT! 6. My other post was for ACT! 7 and later. For ACT! 6 the likely cause is that someone else is logged into the database, the lock file is corrupted or the DDF or BLB file is corrupted.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

also she can make changes to everything else seemingly fine.. just this one area. my boss suggested something about .cly files needing to be changed or something? i dont know if he knows what hes doing though

I just hope the files aren't corrupted.. that would be hell. The other use is for sure logged off, and is there any way to tell if lock file, DDF, or BLB file is corrupted.. besides this not working
Nickel Elite Contributor

The lock files are LCK and HK4. Log everyone out and you can delete those files and see if that fixes the problem.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

You might also need to delete any files with the extensions - .tl1, .tl2, .tl3,

You might also run a database repair with ACTDIAG as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3lf76x