Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.0 print DayTimer pages

ACT 6.0 print DayTimer pages

Within Act 6.0 is the ability to print DayTimer pages. This feature I believe is not available on any ACT versions released after 6.0. Being able to print directories in the DayTimer format is very important for my needs. I realize ACT 6.0 is a dinosaur by today's standards but this one feature is holding me back in upgrading. I am using Windows 7 now, which I can get ACT 6.0 to work with but it is getting more difficult to keep it up as new updates to Windows 7 keep coming out. Are there any suggestions on how I can retain the ability to print to the DayTimer format (5.5" x 8.5") with the templates included in ACT 6.0?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.0 print DayTimer pages

Hello Mtman305,
You should be able to bring your existing templates over to a newer version of ACT! when you upgrade.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thanks! 

The template used is the ACT 6.0 template (Daytimer 20251 (L648)) under the print menu dropdown. Where do I find those templates in the ACT 6.0 directory to be able to copy and bring them to a new version of ACT? And, what directory would it go to then in the new version?

This is an exciting revelation if this will work. I have been of the impression I had no options to use the old print template until seeing your message.

I haven't personally tried this, but the way it should work is:
- Convert your ACT! 6.0 database to ACT! 2013 through the normal conversion process
- When done, open your converted database in ACT! 2013
- Go to Tools > Convert ACT! 3.0 - 6.0 Items
- Click Report Templates
- Make sure the path is correct to the location of the templates (should be a Templates folder in the location where your 6.0 database is stored)
- Then move all templates in the list from the left side to the right side, and click Finish

When you go to File > Print in ACT! 2013 and choose a calendar option, you should see those templates.

I'm not sure you can directly copy them - have to go through the conversion process.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

There isn't any option to convert the ACT! 6 address book print options. Those templates weren't done with ACT! 6 report editor but were separately coded templates. The ACT! 2005 and later address book print templates aren't done with the later ACT! report editor but are separately XML coded templates. It might be possible to create a custom address book template (no promises) that would work using the current ACT! report editor.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks! Kind of a bummer!

Creating a report template I tried and it was not possible to get all the same functionality as in the hard coded version you mention. i.e.: Letter at the top of the page.

Honestly, this may sound bad but the newer versions of ACT have so much more functionality in them than I need it may not be worth the upgrade. It was this print functionality alone that would have made me upgrade. I wish there was an ACT-Lite version maybe that mimicked the feature sets in what is in ACT 6.0. I wonder how many others would like to have something similar.

I've been able to place an index letter at the top of the page in a report. It does require in depth knowledge of the ACT! reports.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129