Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6.0 paired with QuoteWerks 5.0

ACT! 6.0 paired with QuoteWerks 5.0

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and still relatively new to being the go-to person for ACT in my company. I dont have very much knowledge on either as I am still learning about these software packages through trial and error. The ACT Administrator role was something added to me recently by my supervisors. My predecessor gave me a list of items to do for maintenance/backups on the two software packages, which I do tri-weekly and I purge old activities older than 2 years once a month. Here are two initial issues i'm constantly having.

#1 - Even after backups/maintenance on the database it still runs VERRRYYYY SLOWWWW. Is there something I can do to speed this up? When I do the database maintenance I "compress and reindex".

#2 - I have ALOT of issues with the communication between these two software packages, especially when converting quotes to orders and saving Sales Opportunities. It causes at least one, if not both, of the programs to experience an error that forces it to close. The only thing that does not cause this is by letting it run its course from our computer through the LAN to the Server and back to our computer where the programs are stored.

Any help would be must appreciated!!

Thanks,

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 6.0 paired with QuoteWerks 5.0

How large is your database? Because Quoteworks was an addon to the ACT! program, have you contacted them?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Our database consists of 8,620 contacts.

Tuned Listener

Hi John,

My name is Brandon and I am with QuoteWerks.  If you are experiencing some difficulties with the integration I would suggest contacting our tech support team.  You can reach them by email (support at quotewerks.com) or by calling (407-248-1481).  We are open from 9AM - 5 PM EST.   We'd be more than happy to try and troubleshoot the issue.