Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6.0 Re-Looksup Contact List Whenever a Note is Added

ACT! 6.0 Re-Looksup Contact List Whenever a Note is Added

We have 4 computers with 1 Act! 6.0 License. The issue is whenever there are 2 computers running on the same database. Whenever one of the computers posts up a new note onto a contact, the other computer's list is put back to the first contact of the group it is searching.

For Example: Computer #1: Looking through the list of "LEADS" and adds a note onto Mr. Smith.

Computer #2: Browsing through "LEAD2" on Mrs. Jones which is the 35th contact of 150....once Computer #1 enters the entry, Computer #2 

flashes to the 1st "LEAD2" out of 150 regardless of what the use is doing. 

All of the computers are Dell Desktops running on Windows XP. Whenever there are 2 computers logged into the same database (regardless of the database or combination of the computers) this issue occurs. All computers are logged onto different users but the same license. If someone could lead me into the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 6.0 Re-Looksup Contact List Whenever a Note is Added

First of all, it's illegal to have 4 users with only one license. If you want to get legal, I still have 1 last 6-pack (6 licenses) left

Your issue is most likely Opportunistic Record Locking as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1067...

Would obtaining another license resolve this problem? Also, its only 2 users on one database that causes this problem, not 4 users. Thank you for your help!

ACT! 6.0 did give a technical grace to use one additional user beyond the license in case the license file gets stuffed. It's still not legal to have one license installed on 4 machines

Regardless of my current legal usage, will the second license allow me to access the same database from two different computers?

We recently obtained another license. We are only running two computers with different licenses on the same database; however, we are still running into the same problem. If you could help me figure out this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

We purchased a new serial key from a software distributor and un-installed ACT on the computer, and reinstalled it with the new license.