Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.0 Mass Email problem

ACT 6.0 Mass Email problem

I'm using ACT 6.0 to mail merge large numbers of emails that are sent out through outlook.  I am unable to mail merge more that 335 at a time.  Any more than that and it just does not write the email.  Anyone out there have this problem and a possible solution?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.0 Mass Email problem

The problem is with Outlook... it will choke with that volume of emails having to be encoded by it.

The best way to do mass emails with ACT! 6.0 is with MergeMaster!

Nickel Contributor

If memory serves, ACT6 had a fixed limit for broadcasting emails. I don't recall what the numbers were, but think I recall that limit was 100-200 for unmerged emails, and 200-400 for merged emails.

I'll add another name to the list of 3rd party merge-mailing options, and that is "Act to Outlook Email" by Personal CRM, which you can purchase at http://www.actaddons.com/products/act2outlook_email.asp.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

It's not ACT! 6.0 that has the limit, it's Outlook that chokes doing the MIME encoding and the number will depend on available system resources.

MergeMaster! bypasses Outlook and does the MIME encoding at the beginning and merges the data into the MIME encoded email