Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6.0 I have a few questions . . .

ACT! 6.0 I have a few questions . . .

I am running ACT! 6.0.3.979 on a server using Windows 8.1 and use Outlook from MS Office Pro 2013 and access it over the network and am not the admin. I am gathering info to present to the admin . . . 

1. I can't access the word processor. Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this? I saw some posts but I wasn't clear on how to fix it. 

2. I can't open help and apparently I need an add-in for Windows 8.1. I think this is more of an IT/admin problem than for this forum. Without Help and only the user guide to assist me, I am limited in what I can do to solve problems on my own. 

3. When I send an email, it only records a note in the notes field using the subject line of the email. I woudl like to automatically save the body of the email in this note field as well. Can that be done or do I have to just cut and paste or is it more eloquent than that using the email system better? 

4. I am the new sales guy and want to call everyone in the database. How can I create a task for every contact in the database so that I can pull up my Task List and see all the calls I need to make (about 2000) and as I call people I complete the task and only the uncalled people show up on the task list unless I add an additional task for them individually as I talk to them. The work around is to export the list to excell with name, company and phone number then look up each person individually in ACT! and cross them off the Excel list as I call them. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 6.0 I have a few questions . . .

ACT! 6 was replaced in 2005 by ACT! 7 and the present version is ACT! 17. Your best choice would be to upgrade to the latest version. Here is some information.

1. ACT! 6 can't be used with Office 2013 and there isn't any fix.

2. The ACT! 6 Help link no longer exists, there are some KB documents at act.com/kb.

3. I'm surprised you get email to work with ACT! 6 at all.

4. If I remember correct, when you create an activity with ACT! 6 for multiple contact you had the option of creating a aeparate activity for each contact.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response. Somewhat depressing except for #4. The company has no plans to upgrade at this point in time. Can you explain what "KB" stands for?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Knowledge base

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129