Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.0 -- How do you export N&H out of old 6.0 dbase to a new 6.0 database?

Tuned Listener

ACT 6.0 -- How do you export N&H out of old 6.0 dbase to a new 6.0 database?

Hello:

Can you please advise as to exact steps on how to export nootes/histry out of an old 6.0 dbase (along with contact name, address, etc) into a new 6.0 database?  I can export the basic data (name, ph, address) into a new dbase but not the comments, etc.  Can this be done without a plug-in or 3rd party software?

Please, I need exact steps -- thk you experts ...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.0 -- How do you export N&H out of old 6.0 dbase to a new 6.0 database?

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 6.0 -- How do you export N&H out of old 6.0 dbase to a new 6.0 database?

Thks Mike, it looks like alot of steps but will give it a try ...
Tuned Listener

Re: One More Q ...

Can you create a new ACT 6.0 database using records from an Excel 2002/2003 file or a cvs file?  I may have to create a new empty dbase in ACT 6.0 but need to import records into it from either Excel or csv.

Pls advise ....

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: One More Q ...

Tuned Listener

Mike:

Need to revisit this one ... when you export from the old 6.0 dbase to the new 6.0 dbase using the link steps provided -- can you change the record creator in the new database?  Ultimately, I need to create a new 6.0 database with the notes & history intact, but with a new record creator assigned to the existing records.  Please advise.