Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 6.0 Failed to connect to the word processor, the word processor driver is not running

Re: ACT 6.0 Failed to connect to the word processor, the word processor driver is not running

It wouldn't surprise me if Act 6 isn't Vista friendly.  I am using XP and that is what I got working with the updates and Hotfix.  Are you also trying to use it with the latest version of Word, which would probably also have trouble talking to ACT 6 I'm guessing?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 6.0 Failed to connect to the word processor, the word processor driver is not running

dave@thewindowconnection.net wrote:

The OS is Vista Home Premium.  Is that part of the problem?

Yes. 

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yea the driver isn't working for the act processor or for the word version.  I have drop downs for 2000 and 2002,   a drop down for 2000,2002 and 2003.  No hotfixes for connecting to word 2007 or vista out there?  Is this something we can look for in the future? 

Main problem in upgrading is that the boxes don't really have the juice to cover the app on the main network using the most current version.  the laptop will have vista and the network has XP.  I suppose cross compatabilty across the network is way out of bounds when i'm struggling with processor compatability isn't it?

If i upgrade anyway and fight through the ram issues i see easily on the network, will i then have to fight with OS cross compatability problems to synchronize?

Hey thanks to all for the input

Platinum Elite Contributor

The only option for Vista and Office 2007 will be ACT! 2008 (10.0) or later.

There are no issues with different OS versions when connecting via LAN or sync... providing ACT! versions are all the same and support the OS versions

can you send me this?

Is this hotfix still available?

[ Edited ]

Please send me the link. We are running 6.0.3.979 with Office 7.

Thanks.

jim@coxvamail.com 

Message Edited by furnitureandfabrics@msn.com on 08-07-2009 10:19 AM

Its available in the download center.

ACT! by Sage -> 2004 (6.x) -> N/A

Mr. Lazarus,

You are an angel! I have been trying to get the ACT6.0 word processor, ACT or MSWord, working on my new computer

and keep getting the "driver not working" error. Please email a link to your driver fix. My son-in-law will download it and

try to get my ACT word processor working. I use ACT for all letter writing becuase my contacts are there.

Warm Regards,

Joanne Drake

Dallas, TX   

The hot fix doesn't work.

I even uninstalled and re-installed everything after Office, and sit still doesn't work.