Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 4.0 & WinXP

ACT 4.0 & WinXP

I have some backup disks created several years ago in ACT 4.0 that I would like to recover. I purchased a copy of ACT 4.0 and installed in on my XP laptop.

When I click on the icon I get nothing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same results.

I know 4.0 is an old product, but it's the one I used to use and was comfortable with.

Is 4.0 compatible with XP?  If not, are there any tweaks that will allow me to use it to restore my contacts? I desperately need these records recreated for an upcoming IRS audit. When I created these I was working for a company that used 4.0 and all I could take with me when I went into business for myself was the backup disks. 

Thanks.

Tim 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 4.0 & WinXP

I would suggest that you contact an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) that is familiar with the older version of the ACT! program. If you have valid backup files from ACT! 4 the data should be recoverable. The Sage tech support can't help you with a version that old and  many of the ACCs don't have direct experience with the earlier versions of the ACT! program, I do. Whoever  you contact, be sure to find out if they have direct experience with the earlier versions of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 4.0 & WinXP

ACT! 4.0 was not compatible with XP. Even ACT! 5.0 only supported Windows 95/98 and NT when it was released and had a later patch to allow it to run under XP (although it still had issues)

You should see if you can get ACT! 6.0, which will be able to open the ACT! 4.0 database and convert it.