Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2005 Help

ACT! 2005 Help

I purchased the ACT! 2005 many years ago and I've only installed it on my company's work computer with a XP system. Now we bought a new computer with windows 7 system because the old one is broken, I was able to install ACT 2005! but I could not use the Serial number on the back of my CD box anymore. Please help me with this. All of the contacts of the company are in that database. And I do have a backup database.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2005 Help

Act! 2005 won't work with Windows 7 ... Microsoft never made SQL 2000 to be able to run on the later operating systems properly.

You should upgrade to the current version of Act!

I was able to install the ACT! 2005 on my Windows 7 operating system computer and did the auto update after it. It was running properly but my Serial Number does not work for the newer version of ACt. I dont feel comfortable spend another $500 dollars on the same program I have already purchased and paid. Please tell me what to do : (

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's unlikely that ACT! 2005 (like many products more than 5 years old) will be able to work in Windows 7, at least not reliably
Copper Elite Contributor

A Pro Version of ACT! doesn't cost $500.

You could even install an older version of ACT!, say ACT! 2011, and it would work fine on Windows 7.

ACT! 2005 was never designed to work on Windows 7 and whatever hacks out there that you may read about aren't worth it.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic