Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2000

ACT 2000

I am just catching up with the world. I have a new computer with OS Version 7 and a chit to buy OS Version 8.

I have been using ACT 2000 on my group of XP laptop computers and want to make sure I can transfer between ACT versions and keep costs down. Which newer ACT versions can be used with either 7 or 8 and XP so I can maintain my contacts between machines?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2000

ACT! 2013. SP! when released will make it fully compatible with Windows 8.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The current ACT! 2013 is fine with Windows 7. I have also been running it ok on Windows 8 but Sage is doing full testing now to ensure it's fully supported for the next Service Pack.

One thing If you use MS Office, Microsoft heavily changed the interface with Office 2013, so it might not get support for some time ... stick with Office 2010, 2007 or 2003 for now

This might help you when you're ready to convert:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html

Are any of the older Sage ACT programs usable with both XP and Windows 7 & 8?

It dependes on what you mean by usable. The only version that will be fully tested for compatibility with Windows 8 is ACT! 2013. During ACT! 2013 development it was checked against prerelease versions of Windows 8 and any initial accomodations were made. What is being done now is testing against the released version of Windows 8 and any final changes are being made. All previous versions won't be tested and will likely have some problems. For some versions they simply won't work on Windows 8. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129