Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000 won't open on XP machine

ACT! 2000 won't open on XP machine

When I try and open ACT! I get an error message that it won't open and wants to send a report to Microsoft.  When I tried to over-install the program I was told that unInstallShield was running and would not let me proceed.  When I switched to another user on the computer, ACT! works just fine.  Any ideas of how to fix this?  I almost have ACT! 2010 working on my new Win 7 machine but I need to keep this old one working.  Thanks.

Norm

Re: ACT! 2000 won't open on XP machine

Further info on my problem:

The admin system event log reports  "Faulting application act.exe, version 5.0.0.178 faulting module mfc42.dll, version 6.2.8073.0, fault address 0x00002757"

Any help would be most welcome.

Norm

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000 won't open on XP machine

The UninstallShied error means uninstallation executable is running and is in use (not necessarily by ACT!). It is located under your Windows directory. It is either uninst.exe or IsUninst.exe (depending on the InstallShield product that has been used to create the setup).

Reboot the machine and make sure no other application is running that will load this executable into memory and then run the setup again. If it does not help then go to your Task Manager on your machine and see if the uninstallation file has been loaded into the memory. If so then end that process and then run the setup again.

I'd also suggest getting the 5.03 update from the downloads page